As in boring tunnels.
Beneath Los Angeles.
From the London Daily Mail:
The billionaire so tired of being stuck in traffic he is creating a TUNNEL under LA to get to work: Elon Musk reveals first image of his giant boring machine that will beat congestion
- He posted the photo with a reference to the popular video game Minecraft
- Musk first announced the plans while stuck in heavy traffic in December
- He tweeted: ‘Am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging’
- Musk began digging a trench at SpaceX’s headquarters in California last week
- Test trench reportedly measures 30 feet (9 metres) wide, 50 feet (15 metres) long, and 15 feet (4.5 metres) deep
And here’s the tweet in question:
After five months living in Los Angeles, we can sympathize with Musk’s road rage, given that a trip to see granddaughter Sadie Rose can take anywhere from twenty minutes to three hours, depending on that state of coagulation on regional freeways.