From Reuters, the results of a Reuters/Ipsos poll of people who had already cast their ballots this morning:
The poll of more than 10,000 people who have already cast their ballots in the presidential election showed a majority of voters are worried about their ability to get ahead and have little confidence in political parties or the media to improve their situation. A majority also feel that the economy is rigged to mostly help the wealthy.
The poll, which will be updated as additional responses are tallied and votes are counted throughout Tuesday, found:
- 75 percent agree that “America needs a strong leader to take the country back from the rich and powerful.”
- 72 percent agree “the American economy is rigged to advantage the rich and powerful.”
- 68 percent agree that “traditional parties and politicians don’t care about people like me.”
- 76 percent believe “the mainstream media is more interested in making money than telling the truth.”
- 57 percent feel that “more and more, I don’t identify with what America has become.”
- 54 percent feel “it is increasingly hard for someone like me to get ahead in America.”
Hillary is the consummate insider.Trump, the brashly self-declared outsider.
With Clinton, they’d be getting continuity, they very last thing they want. With Trump, disruption seems certain.
The mainstream media fail to inform the public of the real reasons they’re feeling used, and that left the field open to open to propaganda outlets bankrolled by a companies eager to whip up resentment of governments that are hindering their agendas.
Trump, rocketed to national stardom by a network reality show, found a new network to sponsor, a network whose newspaper chain specializes in celebrity flesh and sleaze [even to the point of getting editors and reporters criminally charged with illegal phone surveillance].
The Magic Christian is headed to the White house.