On this election even we offer interview with two other women running for the White House, including the one who got esnl’s vote.
We begin with the candidate who’s box we marked on the ballot, interview by Abby Martin for The Empire Files, her series on teleSUR English:
The Empire Files: Meet the Socialist Woman Running for President
With just weeks until the U.S. presidential election—and with both mainstream candidates embroiled in unprecedented scandal—Abby Martin interviews one of the progressive alternatives, socialist candidate Gloria La Riva.
La Riva is a long-time organizer in the anti-war and social justice movements, a union leader and much more.
In this election special, Abby Martin and Gloria La Riva discuss her plan to “seize” all U.S. banks, Hillary’s “feminism,” and why supporting the “lesser evil” out of fear of Trump is a losing strategy.
Next, the candidate for whom we had originally intended to cast our ballot.
We changed our minds after watching Abby Martin’s interview of La Riva.
Dr. Jill Stein Interview With The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur
Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks interviews Green Party candidate for President, Dr. Jill Stein. Along with running for President Dr. Jill Stein is an activist, medical doctor, and environmental health advocate. Learn more about Dr. Jill Stein here: http://www.jill2016.com/
In this TYT interview Dr. Jill Stein and Cenk Uygur cover a range of topics, including:
- Her 2016 campaign for President.
- How she feels about Hillary getting so much attention for being a female candidate for President.
- Feminism, and Hillary Clinton’s use of it.
- Sexism in the 2016 race.
- Her campaign’s difficulty getting into the debate.
- Why the media ignores third party candidates.
- Would she debate the other presidential candidates on The Young Turks.
- How she would deal with the student loan debt crisis.
- The argument of voting for the lesser evil.
- The difference between the Green Party, the Republicans and the Democratic Party.